If you wish to see the press releases in Danish, click here.
31 March 2022
Senses were challenged, business deals were entered and relationships created and strengthened at the ninth edition of Foodexpo on the 27-29. March 2022 in MCH Messecenter Herning. The expo was also a reunion for the entire food industry after three corona exposures and four years of absence. More than 22,000 food professionals visited the fair and got a taste of future food trends and explored everything from new furniture classics over kitchen appliances to climate-friendly packaging.
After a four-year absence, both visitors and exhibitors enjoyed the reunion at Foodexpo 2022. Photo: MCH / Lars Møller
Climate, cakes, ecology, awards, kitchen machines, furniture and everything in between were on the program when the ninth edition of Foodexpo again gathered thousands of food professionals over three eventful trade fair days in Herning. Here, the Nordic region's largest food fair cemented its dominant status as the professional meeting place of the entire food industry, and after three postponements, the reunion joy was clearly felt among both visitors and the 561 exhibitors:
- It's been four years since last Foodexpo, so it has been absolutely fantastic to be back. We have been in dialogue with many visitors during the three days; everything from small, local butcher shops to large-scale industrial food manufacturers. Overall, it has been great to be up and running again, and to finally be able to meet our customers across the boarder - and people have been eager to buy and make business deals, states Søren Overgaard, Senior Business Unit Manager at Danish Crown Professional.
Tommy Gundelund Jespersen, CEO of Excellent Wine, has the same experience about their trade fair participation:
- It has been amazing to meet people and customers again - both old and new customers, and that is very important for us, because there is a lot of competition in this industry, where it is mainly relationships that helps to sell products. You have to do something to stand out, and you can do that by being at Foodexpo, where the concentration of potential customers has been great, and where we have fortunately experienced great interest in our products.
Innovative inputs and a record number of activities
At Foodexpo 2022, several new, inspiring initiatives and concept areas were introduced, all of which attracted the attention of visitors. The upcoming talents of the food industry invited the visitors to the newly established entrepreneurial area FoodStartUp, while the furniture industry opened the doors to a whole new furniture universe. Visitors also gathered new knowledge in the areas The Meeting Place, The Climate Corner and The workshop area "Nørderiet", as well from the many scenes, where the record-breaking activity program offered everything from eco-banking to a sustainable fashion show.
The wide range of areas, activities and exhibitors did not go unnoticed by Co-Founder and CEO of Madselskabet Silkeborg, Gorm F. Truelsen, who is a known visitor to Foodexpo.
- It has been a really positive experience to be back at Foodexpo. I have found many new and innovative things at the fair, and at the same time it has been nice to finally be able to meet again. The fair has simply had so much to offer, and I have both found new inspiration, new suppliers and products and been greeted by producers and colleagues from the industry, says Gorm F. Truelsen.
MCH: Foodexpo is a very special fair
The positive expressions from both vitsitors and exhibitors pleases the CEO of MCH A / S, Georg Sørensen:
- These three trade fair days have been worth the wait. After three postponements due to corona, Foodexpo has managed to bring together the industries that have been among the hardest and longest affected by corona. Therefore, the positive atmosphere and enthusiasm at the fair makes us very happy, says Georg Sørensen and continues:
- I would like to thank the 22,815 visitors from the food industry, the 561 exhibitors and the 13 industry organizations for both their efforts and support. Beautiful stands, professionally carried out competitions and a wealth of activities. Together you have all created a very special fair.
The best in the Nordic countries - and Denmarks best truffle cake - were awarded on Tuesday
On Tuesday afternoon, the final competitions for food professionels were held at Foodexpo, when the winners of the prestigious championships Nordic Chef and Waiter and Nordic Green Chef were awarded. Håkon Solbakk from Norway could after a close battle in the finals call himself the best chef in the Nordic region, while Danish finalist Kristine Slott Olsen ran with the title as the Best Servant in the Nordic region. The winner at the world premiere of Nordic Green Chef - and thus the best sustainable chef in the Nordic region - was Nils Flatmark from Norway.
In addition to the Nordic championships, Tuesday also featured the all-time visitor and media favorite, Denmark's Best Truffle Cake. After a large-scale trufle cake tasting and voting, it became clear that the best truffle cake in the entire country is created in Kolding at Seest Bakery. A number of other competitions also took place on Tuesday, including the Danish premiere of Pizza Champion Cup.
Foodexpo is arranged in collaboration with the 13 industry associations:
Mærkevareleverandørerne, DF - Danmarks Fiskehandlere, Fødevareklubben, Kost & Ernæringsforbundet, LBI - Leverandørforeningen for Bagerimaskiner og inventar, BKD - Bager- og Konditormestre i Danmark, Foreningen Kantine & Køkken, De Samvirkende Købmænd, DSM - Danske Slagtermestre, Nærbutikkernes Landsforening, BFS - Foreningen for Storkøkkenudstyr, BKC - Branchen for Kaffe- og Convenience løsninger.
Foodexpo 2022 was visited by 22,815 visitors and will take place in the spring of 2024.
Great buying desire at the largest food trade fair in the Nordic region.